Website VCA Canada Frontier Animal Hospital
About The Role
VCA Canada Frontier Animal Hospital is hiring a full time Registered Veterinary Technician to cover a 1 year maternity leave contract. We are looking for an energetic, confident and positive individual who is passionate about achieving their goals in veterinary medicine. Due to the growth planned for our hospital, there may be opportunity for a full time permanent position upon completion of the contract.
VCA Canada Frontier Animal Hospital, located on the North end of Saskatoon, is dedicated to providing quality and compassionate veterinary care for companion animals. Our professional team offers Dentistry, Diagnostics, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Primary Care, Radiology, Surgery and Preventative Care. We deliver an exceptional client experience and excellence in veterinary care. Our practice reflects the neighborhoods we serve, friendly, caring and involved.
About Our Candidate
Your skills allow you to anticipate your co-workers needs and stay on top of monitoring your patients, all while displaying confidence when taking the stage!
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Completion of the Registered Veterinary Technician Program required
- Excellent customer service, organizational and problem solving skills
- A positive attitude and teamwork mentality
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability work under pressure
- Motivation to develop your knowledge and skills and be an “A” team player
VCA is Canada’s largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people – people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we are national leaders in career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As member of VCA, we can offer:
- Career growth opportunities to hold key leadership positions from Medical Director to Regional Operations Director or Support Office.
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
- Interactive learning through our soon to come in-house online university (Woof U!)
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
Additionally, we offer competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits for full-time staff.
Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter or LinkedIn profile to: [email protected]
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.